Project Gemini
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» [Priority] Monthly Cull
[Info] Team Member Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:07 am by lucienstark

» James' Doings
[Info] Team Member Guidelines I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 3:00 am by Myhijim

» [Info] Forum To GDD Protocols
[Info] Team Member Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:52 pm by Myhijim

» Absence (Exams)
[Info] Team Member Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:35 pm by Myhijim

» [Info] Team Member Guidelines
[Info] Team Member Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:04 pm by Myhijim

» Concept Art ToDo
[Info] Team Member Guidelines I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:43 am by Myhijim

» [Info] New Teammember Greetings
[Info] Team Member Guidelines I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 6:29 pm by azureguy

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 9 on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:08 am

[Info] Team Member Guidelines

2 posters

Go down

[Info] Team Member Guidelines Empty [Info] Team Member Guidelines

Post by Myhijim Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:09 am

While this endeavour should be a fairly carefree and enjoyable venture, it is important to remember that you are working as a part of a team and that there are certain commitments attached to that. If you are a weak link, you are going to be letting the team down, if you disappear without a trace, the team is most likely going to be confused and un-coordinated.

Hence why these set of guidelines or rules exist.

Guidelines
There are a few guidelines that are extremely easy to follow and will do the team a world of good.

Under your profile (look at mine for example) there is 'Activity' and 'Reputation'.

Activity points are earnt by posting and replying to topics, the higher this is, the more leeway you get.

Reputation is earnt or lost by being voted down or up on your posts, a good way to utilize this is to choose positive if you agree with the work or negative if you disagree.

1. Stay Active

If you want to be a part of this team and STAY that way, it is very important to keep in contact with team members through this forum. By posting here, you remind the team that you are still interested in the project and would like to keep working on it.

You may post about any upcoming absences so that we are aware that you ARE coming back and that we do not need to look for a new member to fill your spot. If you decide to take leave without telling anyone, rest assured, we will find someone to fill the much needed position.

If you decide you do not want to work on it any longer, that is fine, but it would be nice if you at least posted something informing us of your departure.

We can see when you were last online on this forum and when you last posted, so in the name of keeping things simple here are the two 'rules' for this guideline :

1. Visit this forum at least once a week.
  2. Post in this form at least once a fortnight.

Exceptions can be made prior. If these guidelines are broken, we will put up an advertisement looking for someone new to fill your position.

2. Contribute Regularly

This is super simple stuff. If you do not add anything to the project, do not expect to be kept lingering around. It is as simple as that. Exceptions can be made prior.

This guideline is EXTREMELY important as it is one of the key features in keeping the entire team motivated.

It would be as simple as showing a screenshot, a draft, or a snippet of what you have been working on in a new forum post. 

Again you may inform us to factors which may slow your production, but as a general rule of thumb, here are a few 'rules' for this guideline :

1. Show progress at least once a week.
  2. Commit something to the project at least once every 3 weeks.

Very simple guidelines. Keep them, and we shall all be a very happy bunch.

Last edited by Myhijim on Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myhijim
Myhijim
Team

Activity : 3727

Back to top Go down

[Info] Team Member Guidelines Empty Re: [Info] Team Member Guidelines

Post by lucienstark Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Also, could I suggest having team members post updates on their schedules? I know we all have busy lives and sometimes it requires us to be inactive for a bit. I'm not saying a detailed schedule, just a heads up of possible inactivity in the upcoming months. That way the rest of us know what's going on and we don't think that the person has quit.

lucienstark
Team

Activity : 3680

Back to top Go down

[Info] Team Member Guidelines Empty Re: [Info] Team Member Guidelines

Post by Myhijim Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:04 pm

That can be covered in "Member Announcements" Under this category
Myhijim
Myhijim
Team

Activity : 3727

Back to top Go down