Project Gemini
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» [Priority] Monthly Cull
[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 6:07 am by lucienstark

» James' Doings
[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 3:00 am by Myhijim

» [Info] Forum To GDD Protocols
[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:52 pm by Myhijim

» Absence (Exams)
[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:35 pm by Myhijim

» [Info] Team Member Guidelines
[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:04 pm by Myhijim

» Concept Art ToDo
[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 6:43 am by Myhijim

» [Info] New Teammember Greetings
[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 6:29 pm by azureguy

Poll
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 9 on Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:08 am

[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols

Go down

[Info] Forum To GDD Protocols  Empty [Info] Forum To GDD Protocols

Post by Myhijim Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:52 pm

The procedure of transferring from forum to GDD is a long and complicated one as what is on the GDD is an almost permanent statement of the entire plan of the game. This is why the confirmation follows a series of steps.

Step 1 : Idea Fabrication/Presentation
The initial stage of the process is actually presenting the idea to your fellow writers through this forum.

Give a fairly solid description of what you would like to see portrayed in the game and state your opinion on what is very open to modification and what you believe is fairly concrete.

After doing this, your fellow writers will lead into the next stage :

Step 2 : Discussion
To expand upon the idea and get multiple influences and ideas put in place will allow for a fairly unique idea by combining various elements.

Once you post your idea, your fellow team members will question the idea based on what discrepancies it may cause with other ideas, their opinion on the idea and generally any uncertainties they have with the ideas. They may also offer modification suggestions, which I hope may lead to a compromise of some sort. 

It is highly recommended to use the plus and minus bars on the side of a post in order to give your like/dislike of an idea.

Through the various stages of discussion, the Original Post(OP) will be updated with all the current ideas and changes to the original idea, after which will lead into another stage of discussion.

Step 3 : Solidification
This is one of the final stages of an idea and involves extensive checking and testing in order to be added to the GDD.

The title of this step says it all, we need to develop the idea to make it as hard as rock. After agreeing on the finale of the basic draft of the idea, this stage comes along in order to completely flesh out the idea with extensive description and addition of possible links to other parts of Lore ingame.

This is definitely the longest part of the process and the thread containing the idea will be refreshed with a completely new one.

After this step, it is plausible to add the idea to the GDD.

Myhijim
Myhijim
Team

Activity : 3726

Back to top Go down